Making changes to the Bootstrap 4 theme
In the previous article, I mentioned the blog was migrated to use Bootstrap 4. Here are some new changes:
- Removed Font Awesome and use Feather Icons instead. But the icon for Reddit is missing in Feather Icons.
- Removed the need of the CSS from the Slate theme. Now I only need to use the original bootstrap.min.css and load my own nero.css file.
- Fixed the Scroll Spy, it is now working for articles …
Migrating my blog to use Bootstrap 4
In the previous article, I mentioned the blog was migrated to Pelican. After that I customized it and add some new features. I found Bootstrap 3 was released for a few years and there would be no update. I tried to update the theme to Bootstrap 4.5. Let's talk about what is the lesson learned.
First of all, I am not a web developer. Creating or customizing the small themes make me learn a …
From WordPress to Pelican
My blog was migrated from WordPress to Pelican. I found WordPress is very easy to use at the beginning. Pelican is a static site generator (aka SSG). I tested Pelican and like it. It is small and responsive.
SSG had a major advantage on simplicity over WordPress or other Server Side Rendered (SSR) systems. You don't need to patch or upgrade the WordPress or the SSR systems. The static web pages generated by SSG are served directly by …
This article describes how to use nvme-cli tools and the command smartctl from smartmontools to check the healthiness of NVMe sticksRead more ...
2FA or two factor authentication is a mechanism of using another means of user authentication besides solely rely on password. 2FA or MFA (multiple factor authentication) would greatly increase the security. These are the common 2FA deployed in many internet web sites:
- One time password send over E-mail or SMS
- TOTP (Time-based One-Time Password algorithm)
- U2F (Universal 2nd Factor)
- WebAuthn (FIDO2 Web Authentication)
Now, most popular social media web sites and e-commerce sites had already supported at least one or multiple 2FA …Read more ...